For the first issue of the summer, the opinions section will have a nice little balance of that warm, fuzzy optimism that you’ve grown accustomed to reading in other publications, and the typical grizzled, commentary that tends to dominate the editorial pages. If you’re on campus (all three of you) then pick up your copy on Wednesday, but if not, take a look on the Internet. I heard it’s the hip, new thing.
As for a few sneak peeks at this week’s content…
- Learn about the humility and honor in charity, no matter how small the contribution may seem.
- Can Obama’s new “Can’t we all get along?” policy for the Middle East accomplish anything?
- Reality TV doesn’t just hurt the pride of super models and the crotches of the contestants on “Wipeout.”
- The revolution in Iran will be televised, and the West can do nothing but watch.
- Hard times don’t mean that deplorable behavior is inevitable, it means that ideologues will have an excuse for their depravity.